Thursday, July 7, 2016

Sailor Moon x Pastels


 I remember watching Sailor Moon with my aunts when I was around four years old back in the days of ABC 5. Up until now, I still consider Sailor Moon as a part of my cherished childhood memories. It's always been a classic anime that no one will ever get tired of watching, no matter what generation you were born in. It has been around for more than 20 years but it's still a hype, especially for anime enthusiasts!

It was the day my passport got released and I thought that this was a good opportunity to have an outfit shoot afterwards. I took the Sailor Moon sweater my aunt got me from Hot Topic and I absolutely in love with it. To give my outfit a more "Sailor Senshi" vibe, I threw in my royal blue skater and my trusty red Chuck Taylors. I paired my outfit with my Totoro sling bag since it was big enough for my clear book to fit in.

I got a lot of stares from strangers. I even commuted to DFA and back in my full "Sailor Moon" glory and I didn't give a single darn about it. Not to mention, my photographer and I stood out a lot. Yes, we shoot the photos in public places and as I have mentioned, if you want to have good photos, you need to be thick-faced sometimes. I mean, why be embarrassed if you are just being yourself?

I am planning to do blog posts like what GG from plaaastic.com does. Not really wordy on her outfit posts and she lets her photos do the talking, which is one of the reasons I love her. Her style is also what I wish to achieve. Please check out her blog because I am one of her fans!






Sailor Moon Sweater: Hot Topic| Skater skirt: @cheapitemsbypat | Sneakers: Converse|
  My Neighbor Totoro messenger bag: Hot Topic| Photographer: John Daniel Bagain

No comments:

Post a Comment