Monday, June 11, 2018

Unicorn Tea and Bistro: A Review



Hey everyone! This entry is so late but better  late than never, right? How was May's last Sunday for you? As for me, I had a delicious encounter at Unicorn Tea and Bistro.


My boyfriend, Marvin, and I filled our hearts and tummies with their palatable food. We went there on Sunday (May 27) around 4:45pm. I had to commute from San Pedro, Laguna just to get a taste!

During our stay, we ordered:


French Onion Soup
> We enjoyed this soup while we waited for our other orders. My boyfriend thinks that the soup tasted like pizza and I think I agree with him.


Mr. Benedict Loves Waffles (is this the guy who played Dr. Strange?)
> I got mixed feelings on this. The sausage, the egg, and the spinach tasted great seperately. I don't know they compliment well or maybe I am not used eating breakfast meals that have waffles on it. I enjoyed chowing down the waffles though. Because who doesn't love waffles?



Rolled Lasagna
>My mouth watered when I took a look at the lasagna. I actually enjoyed the lasagna. I love how cheesy it was! And not to mention, the serving is big and it's for sharing for two.



Beef Stir Fry Medley
>I like how homey this meal is. It reminded me on how Grandma cooks beef stir fry. If you are into homecooked meal, I definitely recommend to try this.


Fish & Chips
> The fries served were the bomb. They look like twister fries and are very crunchy. As for the fish, it was crunchy on the outside but soft in the inside. The dip also did its magic and added a punch with each bite!

Godzilla
> I picked this drink because of my love for Milo chocolate drink. Unlike most people my age, I still prefer Milo over coffee. I like how it tastes and how the vanilla ice cream added more sweetness.

Black Tea Choco Chip
> It's actually what my boyfriend ordered but in the end, we exchanged drinks since it wasn't his cup of tea. (pun intended) As for me, it tasted like milk tea but less sweet. I didn't regret swapping drink with boyfie though and this has officially become one of my favorites!


Mini-cheesecakes
> One word: Heavenly. It's like eating pure cheese with a graham cracker base. This is my most recommended. If I were to eat again, I'd make a beeline straight to their cheesecakes.

 And last but not the least...


 Anti-stress Tea
 > I rarely have hot tea but thanks to this, I might have hot tea every now and then. We were asked to pick which tea to drink, letting us smell each option.

My boyfriend and I picked anti-stress and it lived up to its name! It has a sweet aroma which calms down your nerves. Best fit if you want to just wind down or read a good  book.

It comes with that cute little burner and scones which was made by the owner. (omg that rhymes!)


Overall, Unicorn Tea and Bistro is a great place to eat, study, work, and hang out. The ambiance is chill. The staff are very kind and accommodating. The price ranges from 90-420 PHP. Worth it for its price!





Accessibility is also great. You can go to them via car or commute. From Quiapo, ride a jeepney going to St. Luke's or Cubao Yale and ask the driver to drop you off at the Trinity University of Asia. Then you crossing using the pedestrian lane and you're there!


Will I ever come back again? YES! I think I finally found a new hangout place. Cool ambiance. Cool food. Cool staff. What is there not to love about them?

Rating: 5/5


Have you tried the food from Unicorn Tea and Bistro? Did you like them? Let me know from the comments below!





No comments:

Post a Comment